APPROPRIATE NAME OF DEPARTMENT
Occupational Safety and Health
MANDATE OF THE DEPARTMENT
The Occupational Safety and Health Department has the statutory responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the safety, health and wellbeing of workers in their various workplaces (Factories), with a view to preventing the occurrence of work related accidents, injuries, diseases/ill health, and deaths and enhancing occupational safety and health performance levels for higher productivity levels among the workforce.
- Continuous Registration of Factories, Renewal, Amendment, and Revocation of Factory Registration certificate.
- Continuous Factory Inspections (Routine and Check Inspections), being carried out by Factory Inspectors in the State and Zonal Offices of the Ministry nationwide.
- Statutory Monitoring and Enforcement of the Factories Act conducted by Director (OSH) and Team- Lagos State
- Statutory Monitoring and Enforcement of the Factories Act conducted by Director (OSH) and Team- Rivers State
- Commemoration of World Day for Safety and Health at Work, 2019
- One-Day National Stakeholders’ Awareness and Sensitization Workshop on the Diving at Work Regulations, 2018
- Validation Workshop on the National Policy on Occupational Safety and Health