1.0 NAME OF DEPARTMENT: SPECIAL DUTIES/PROJECTS DEPARTMENT
2.0 MANDATE OF THE DEPARTMENT
The Special Duties/Projects Department has four (4) units under it, namely:
- Special Projects (SP);
- Protocol (PROT);
- Stock Verification (SV); and
- Anti-Corruption and Transparency (AC&T).
The department has the mandate of providing broad-based technical support to the Ministry through the design and implementation of Special Projects aimed at reducing the vulnerability of different segments of the society, especially those caused by unemployment and other socio-economic vicissitudes.
The Department also performs obligatory functions in the areas of effective delivery of Protocol Services, accurate records of assets and stores and well as promotion of anti-corruption and transparency practices.
3.0 RECENT ACTIVITIES OF THE DEPARTMENT
Recent activities of the Department include:
- The Department played active role in the Secretariat and Entertainment Sub-committee on the Global Youth Employment Forum (GYEF) of the International Labour Organization (ILO) hosted by Nigeria in Abuja from 1st to 3rd August, 2019.
- Inauguration of the reconstituted Anti-Corruption and Transparency Committee in the Ministry was carried out on 24TH July, 2019.
- A National Workshop on Validation of a Study Report on How to Break the Resilience of High Youth Unemployment Rate in the Nigeria was successfully organized by the department on 2nd and 3rd May, 2019.
- A meeting was held with the Officials of the African Development Bank on fast-tracking processes on the implementation of the Inclusive Basic Services Delivery and Livelihood Enhancement Integrated Programme (IBSDLEIP), supported by the Bank.
- The Department spearheaded the successful collaboration of the Ministry with the Nigeria Economic Summit Group (NESG) on the Public-Private Partnership Roundtable embedded on the #NES24 held on the 22nd to 23rd October, 2018 with the theme “Poverty to Prosperity: Making Governance & Institutions Works”.
- The Department performed the secretariat function on the Committee to review a Draft Omnibus Bill presented to the Economic Management Team by Presidential Enabling Business Environment Council (PEBEC) Secretariat. The Report has been submitted to the Office of the Vice President.
- The Department, representing the Ministry, as a member of the Presidential Advisory Committee on the Elimination of Drug Abuse (PACEDA), plays a key role in deliberations and proffering solutions in eliminating the menace of drug abuse in Nigeria.
- Train-the Trainers Workshop on the Development Local Risk Register for Input in the National Risk Register held on the 9th of March, 2019.