Mr. Emmanuel Christopher Udoh, hails from Atanuk in Mkpat Enin Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State. Born on the 8th of November, 1958. He attended St. Lukes Primary School, Ikot Esenam, Regina Coeli College, Cross River State School of Basic Studies and and University of Benin while he obtained the Primary School Certificate, (1970), WASC, O’ Level Certificate, (1975) ‘A’ Level Certificate (1979) and Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (1982) respectively. His Post Graduate Studies took him to Federal University of Technology, Yola and Delta State University, Abraka where obtained Advanced Diploma in Public Administration (1990) and Masters in Industrial and Labour Relation (MILR) 2005.
Mr. Udoh started his Civil Service career at the Federal Ministry of Labour and Employment in 1984 as a Labour Officer where he rose through the rank to the position of Director in charge of Employment and Wages Department. In the course of his career, he has occupied the following positions of responsibilities in the service of the Ministry.
- State Controller – State Labour Office, Yola, Adamawa State (1992-1998)
- District Labour Officer – District Labour Office Warri Delta State (Nov 2007 – Feb 2013
- State Controller – State Labour Office Asaba, Delta State (Nov 2013 – Feb 2014
- Director Inspectorate Dept. (Hqrts) Feb 2014 –Dec 2015
- Director Employment and Wages Dept. – April 2017 to date.
He has attended several courses, workshops, seminars and conferences within and outside the country among which are:
- Delegate to the 103th Session of the International Labour Conference, Geneva, Swizerland, June 2014
- Delegate to the 104 Session of the International Labour Conference, Geneva, Swizerland, June 2015
- Delegate to the African Union Specialized Technical Committee on Social Development, Labour and Employment, April 2017.
- Delegate to the 105th Session of the International Labour Conference, Geneva, Swizerland, June 2017.
As an experienced labour officer, he has been instrumental to the resolution of Industrial disputes and ensuring the maintenance of industrial peace and harmony in workplaces; ensuring compliance of employers and employees with labour laws and check unfair labour practices. He currently supervises the department responsible for the formulation, implementation, coordination, monitoring of employment policies, regulation, guidelines and collective agreements with regard to employment generation, promotion and security of employed persons in all workplaces.