- Purchase of Application form for Registration of Factory (Form LAB/F/1), on payment of a non-refundable fee of N5000 (Five Thousand Naira Only).
- Completion & submission of 2 copies of the Application form at the nearest State Labour Office. The Completed Application Form should be submitted with the following documents attached:
- 2 Copies of Certificate of Incorporation.
- 2 Copies of List of Machineries, their place(s) and dates of Procurement.
- 2 Copies of List of Materials, their known Hazards and Exposure Risks Control.
- 2 Copies of Architectural Drawings of the Factory Building.
- 2 Copies of Locational Drawings of the Factory.
- 2 Copies of the Machinery Layout of the Production Floor(s).
- Pre-registration Inspection Report by an Inspector of Factories in the nearest State Office.
REQUIREMENTS FOR RENEWAL:
(Validity Period of the Certificate of Factory Registration is 2 (Two) years).
- A Photocopy of the expired certificate of factory registration must be submitted.
- Recent Inspection report by the inspector of Factories and payment of renewal fees as stated below.
REGISTRATION AND RENEWAL FEES:
Registration & Renewal Fees vary with size of workforce of factory, as follows:
- Factory with 1 – 10 workers = N10,000 (Ten Thousand Naira Only)
- Factory with 11 – 100 workers = N50,000 (Fifty Thousand Naira Only).
- Factory with 101 – 500 workers = N100,000 (One Hundred Thousand Naira Only).
- Factory with more than 500 workers = N150,000 (One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira Only).
All payments are to be made directly into the Treasury Single Account (TSA) of the Federal Government of Nigeria at designated Banks.
AMENDMENT OF CERTIFICATE OF FACTORY REGISTRATION:
For Amendment of Certificate due to change in particulars earlier submitted for registration, an Amendment Fee of N10,000 (Ten Thousand Naira Only) is applicable.